Dear Mommy

Dear Mommy,

You deserve more than a day. I mean, one day for everything you do for four children? You've given us life, you raised us to be perfect (and extremely good looking, I might add), you've created memories that define who we are, and you've even provided a new standard to gourmet cooking. Although this blog is late, and I didn't get to celebrate your day at home with you, I need you to know how truly important you really are to me.

You are DA MAMA. Not mama, DA mama. You are the light of my life, mom. You, over anyone else, are the main person I want to make happy. Believe me, I know that is hard to see at times, but ask anyone and they will tell you that is the truth. Mommy, you've taught me so much. I mean, how would I be able to cook my own meals if you weren't a phone call away?? But seriously, I value every ounce of advice you give me because you've been through it all, and yet somehow you still come out on top. The strength and drive you have to improve your life not only for yourself but for your children still amazes me.

There was a time in my life where sadness kind of took over. I'm sure other people know that feeling. It sucks, am I right? But YOU are the person who talked me out of it, mama. You introduced me to the Four Agreements. Y'all, my mom changed the way I see basically everything with this one phone conversation. She told me....

1. Be Impeccable With Your Word - Don't speak with integrity. Say only what you mean.  Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others.  Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.
How much happier would your heart be if you spoke with love instead of spite? Thank you, mom, for teaching me this.

2. Don't Take Anything Personally - Nothing others do is because of you.  What others say and do is a projection of their own dream.  When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering.
Stop caring what others think! Their opinions are what they are and that has nothing to do with you. You cannot let the opinions of other people bring you down because in the end, their opinions are worthless, y'all. Thank you, mom.

3. Don't Make Assumptions - Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want.  Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness, and drama.  With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.
I love this one. Communication is SO important. Don't be afraid to express how you feel because our assumptions are almost never accurate. Thank you, mom.

4. Always Do Your Best - Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick.  Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse, and regret.
You can never be disappointed in yourself if you do your best. This agreement is definitely easier said than done, but it is such a simple task. You will never feel dissatisfied with yourself if you just do the best you can. Thank you, mom.

I wish you knew how much these rules changed my life. You are so smart and so wise, mommy. And I am SO proud of you and the journey you are embarking on with your career. I can see a light forming inside you and it is so beautiful. If anyone needs their heart to be filled with happiness, it it you. I love you so much mommy.

Whether it be glamour shots...


Your attempt to be a hardcore dance mom...


Selfies on New Year's Eve...


You looking absolutely FLAWLESS on New Year's Eve...


Or me continuing to climb on you when I'm a grown woman...


You will always be da mama, you will always hold the biggest spot in my heart, and you will always continue to amaze me with your strength. I love you infinity and beyond beyond beyond beyond beyond beyond beyond beyond beyond..... And so it continues. Happy Mother's Day, even though you deserve more.

No comments :

Post a Comment